Buffalo plans to solve the problem of sewer pipe overflows during heavy rain storms. The city of Buffalo has a plan to get rid of over flows which occur when sewers overload in storms and dump into water ways. Sewer Authority General Manager Olulowole McFoy says the spending plan for this year is $20 million with the entire project looking to cost hundreds of millions of dollars. The Queen City is doing this to fulfill an agreement with the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency.
- BUFFALO SEWER AUTHORITY BIRD ISLAND LANDSCAPE AND WAYFINDING IMROVEMENT PROJECT-REBID
- Waste Heat Recovery System Rehabilitation Engineering Request for Proposals
- RFP: Comprehensive Public Education & Outreach Campaign
- A+ Rating for Environmental Impact Bond
- Buffalo Sewer Closes On Largest Environmental Impact Bond in US